Tuesday, October 2, 2007

sorry for the whole lot of no update...

Hello all!

I figured it was time for an update. It has been quite a while.

We are doing well out here. Long days are still in order... but are doing well. I (Blaine) was sick on the weekend, but recovered quickly. Melissa is beginning to feel a tingly feeling in the back of her throat, so please pray that she doesn't get sick.

School is full of absolutely hilarious moments and times that we would rather forget. We both have large classes and they are quite a handful. We do feel God blessing us out here. He is giving us strength, He is helping us to help others. There is definately a mission field even in a EMMC school. Pretty cool stuff. We are however looking for a new place to live. It feels like we have been wandering nomads for the last 3 months. There is a couple that is moving in to our place on the 18th of October, so we need to be out by then. We were going to move into a couples place that are going to Canada shortly, but they are waiting for paperwork for their adopted son to be completed. Like anything in Belize, it is not going very quick. So we'll see what will happen! Please pray that we will find something soon.

We have had a few tough situations here. One of the craziest things that happened in the last 2 weeks was a couple was found dead in their cistern after dying from carbon monoxide poisoning. I guess they the man had been cleaning out the cistern using a gas water pump inside the tank. When he collapsed, I guess the wife came and tried to help him, where she suffocated and died as well. They were about 30 years old. It was such a shock to the community. Blue Creek is about the size of Rosenort. The funeral was held on what would have been their 8th anniversary. They were buried in the clothes they wore for their wedding. It was such a beautiful funeral. One of the cooler ones I've ever been to. It was weird how it impacted me. I kept on imagining that I was at Grandma Eidse's funeral. It ended up being a type of closure for me on a totally different level. I don't know how to explain it all.

We would love to hear from you all. E-mail's are like pretty much the coolest things we get down here. I love to hear from back home! Oh, and thanks to whoever updates that pvchurch.ca site! It was cool for Melissa and I to see pictures of back home! Keep it up!

We love you and miss you all!

God bless you,
Blaine & Melissa Dueck

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Blaine & Melissa,

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
I hear you've been moving around a bit, and that you had Blaine's parents visit for Christmas. Here's wishing you all the best and letting you know I'm looking forward to an update once you've had time to settle back into a routine again.